- Transcript: Hummer Mom’ Christine Hubbs Convicted of Underage Sex, Says She’s Not a ‘Predator’
- ABC’s readers comments
- Sex Is Evil: Film at 11 | Sexual Intelligence
- See improper relationships and crimes against nature committed by other women
Double standard: men punished more harshly then women
- If a man did the same, would it be called "underage sex"? No, it would be called rape. So there certainly is a double standard.
- Would a man get away with 5 years? A man probably would get 15 to 25 years in jail.
- In a TV interview, would a man not be treated much worse?
Sex has more serious consequences for boys then for girls: The double standard should be inverted!
In this modern age boys need more protection then girls (due to slower maturation, existing laws and scientific progress)
- adolescent girls mature faster then boys, physically, intellectually and psychologically. Legal age for marriage was, and still is much lower for girls then for boys in most countries in the world (Marriagable Age | Wikipedia, Elisabethan marriage customs, Historical Age of Marriage). This has also to do with gender roles with the more mature man the provider and protector.
- pregnancy, the real sex-induced "damage" to girls can be avoided by birth control. Girls have total freedom to decide if they carry a pregnancy to term or use their reproductive freedom for an early term abortion.
- Things have changed since the EEA, where evolution has shaped our inborn moral feelings, and since biblical times, when our religious code was written down. Fairly recently, we devised birth control, abortion, DNA tests, government welfare and legal child support obligation for men.
- In biblical times and the EEA, a girl had no option to avoid pregnancy through birth control, no option to terminate pregnancy through (early term) abortion, no courts nor police state pursuing the father for support (except shotgun weddings due to pressure by the girl’s kin), no government welfare, no child care and job opportunities for single mothers. And her marriage prospects would have gotten really dim after having an out of wedlock baby.
- Thus, girls and women can have risk-free sex with no long term consequences.
- Boys, on the other hand are totally powerless once a woman got pregnant. Boys/men have absolutely no chance to avoid the serious trauma of
- decades of enforced ruinous child support and alimony duty
- with no automatic visitation rights to even see the child or influencing how the money is spent.
- No rights but payment duties enforced by police and prison, not much different from slavery.
Thanks to the AntiFeminist for calling our attention to some of the above issues.
Now that we clarified that adolescent boys are in more need of protection then girls, Human-Stupidity dares to question if any adolescent needs government protection against his/her own decisions.