An immense amount of money and time has been spent by the Italian legal system, and the world press, to protect a 17 year old woman from getting lots of money, possibly in exchange for consensual sex.
- Having sex with a 17 year old is perfectly legal in Italy (age of consent is 14).
- But, giving her tens or hundreds of thousands Euros makes it illegal. This is a terrible crime.
- Paying for sex (prostitution) is also legal in Italy
- The "victim" denies sex has ever happened.
- Prostitution laws were made for short term sex for money exchanges. Berlusconi seems to have a quite long and regular relation with this girl
Sex laws traumatize children
Courts, and the world press, publicly call "Ruby the Heart stealer" a prostitute. This is certainly traumatizing, As usual, our repressive sex laws, devised by the sexual trade union, traumatize the very people they are meant to protect.
Dancer Karima El-Mahroug – known as "Ruby Heartstealer" – has staged a protest outside a court in Italy to deny claims she was paid for having sex with former PM Silvio Berlusconi. […] Prosecutors say Ms Mahroug and Mr Berlusconi had sex on 13 occasions.
Surprisingly, no feminist support for Miss El-Mahroug’s suffering. Feminist support seems to be reserved for women who cut off penises (Lorena Bobbitt), or who murder sleeping husbands
Berlusconi probably deserves punishment for other behaviors. But helping a post pubertal girl to riches should not be a problem for the legal system.