Higher criminality for blacks over whites and Asians is a fact. Equality of races is a politically correct myth, disproved by science. There are racial differences in intelligence, criminality, athletic behavior. Hence a black person behaving suspiciously around a house correctly arouses suspicion in the neighbors. Political correctness causes such absurd reverse racial discrimination as police stopping little old ladies in Britain as terrorist suspects, just to avoid accusations of singling out Arab males.
“But I think it’s fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry,” Obama said. “No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home.
Yes, agree totally with President Obama. A black professor, even if somewhat overreacting and nervous, should not be arrested after proving he is in his own home. Police has more important issues to take care of. But, black police might arrest a white professor for disorderly conduct and the international press would remain quiet.
And No. 3 — what I think we know separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact.” (NY Daily News)
- In the facts, I agree. Blacks are being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately.
- In the conclusions, I disagree: rightly so, young black males are proven to have higher criminality then white old ladies. And yes, race differences in intelligence & criminality are proven scientific facts, repressed only by political correctness. Genetics of gender are important too, males are more violent and criminal then females.
I continue to believe … that there was an overreaction in pulling Prof. Gates out of his home to the station,” Obama said. “I also continue to believe … that Prof. Gates probably overreacted as well. “My sense is you’ve got two good people in a circumstance in which neither of them were able to resolve the incident in the way … they would have liked it to be resolved.” Obama about arrest on New York Daily News
Obama is GREAT.
If only Obama also understood research about racial differences, genetically and culturally determined, and thus young Arab males and young Black males deserve disproportionate scrutiny for our good and safety
Henry Louis Gates Jr., one of the nation’s most prominent African American scholars, was arrested last week at his home near Harvard University after trying to force open the locked front door (Washington Post, Tuesday, July 21, 2009, )
So, policital correctness causes safety hazards. It discourages neighborhood watch. So for every young black male reported for suspicious behavior, a few nice old ladies also need to be reported, for racial balancing. Nobody dares to say the truth, but Mr. Henry L. Gates, Jr. himself will be more concerned about meeting 4 young blacks in a dark alley then a group of old white ladies (so here we have discrimination on the basis of age, race, and gender. All three proven factors in violent criminality).
- Should neighbors report young male blacks for suspicious behavior more then old white ladies? YES!
- Should police be more stringent in checking and profiling young black males then old white or Asian ladies? YES
- Should police be ashamed of thoroughly checking black males? NO
- Was Obama right? YES on most counts. It was not prudent. People with a proven track record of being law abiding citzens should not be arrested, even if, maybe, reacting overly nervous.
- Is Obama right deploring racial profiling? NO. Even blacks intuitively do racial profiling: when walking at night on dark alleys and are more worried about dangers from young black youths then old white ladies.(discrimination on age, gender, and race, all three are correct)
Gates is being painfully reasonable. He says he is glad that a neighbor called the cops when she saw something suspicious going on at his front door, and he hopes she would do so again. He seems surprised that this sort of thing still goes on, which will lose him points in some circles but gain them for him in the credibility department.
Gates is a victim of racial profiling, which, if it is anything more than another term for racial discrimination, means leaping to unjustified conclusions about people because of their race. This sounds like something we all can deplore without much reflection, but it’s not that easy. (Washington Post, Friday, July 24, 2009 )