- Criminalization drives people from mild drugs to strong drugs: Marijuana is more bulky then cocaine
- Crack would never have existed without prohibition.
- put people in jail for victimless crimes
- overeating causes more deaths then drugs do: why not criminalize overeating, dangerous skying?
- jails get filled with harmless people.
- thousands die of real crimes by drug users needing money or drug running gang crimes
Decades of failed drug war have strengthened criminal drug cartels. They control an enormous percentage of the world’s riches and capital and have corrupted governments, presidents, judges. Even if all drug laws were to be repealed, it is very difficult to undo the damage. What other "business" the well equipped armed criminals would engage in to continue earning easy big money? Extortion? Kidnapping?
Of course, use or liberated should be monitored through intelligent government policy, similar to what was done to smoking. We still have alcoholism and sedentary overeating as very serious public health problems to tackle with.