A father who asked an undercover police officer posing as a prostitute to take his 14-year-old son’s virginity has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Judge: “You have a duty of care to your son and that is to look after his moral welfare not, as you might think, to break him into the ways of sex through a prostitute.”
Devil’s advocate comments:
- This behavior certainly is somewhat of a bad taste
- I doubt the kid is a poor victim of a father who wanted to push a prostitute upon him. Surely the kid was interested in this, most likely he begged his father to get him laid.
- In many Latin countries it was common for male kids to lose their virginity with prostitutes
- I doubt the kid would have suffered grave damage from that
- In other posts we will see that there is no scientific support for the idea that kids in puberty suffer any damage from consensual sexual activity (see Bruce Rind study)
- If this had happened in the moralistic USA, he probably would have gotten a much stiffer sentence
- Of course, issues like pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases etc. need to be taken into consideration.