Sentencing of female offenders Conservative backbencher Philip Davies has accused politicians of indulging in "politically correct nonsense" for saying that women are treated more unfairly than men in sentencing policies. Speaking during a Westminster Hall debate on 16 October 2012 on the sentencing of women, the MP for Shipley said there was "unequivocal evidence that women are treated far more favourably than men". He claimed that 58% of male offenders who entered a guilty plea were given a custodial sentence compared with just 34% of women. There are currently 13 women’s prisons in England, two of which are privately run. According to the Ministry of Justice, prisons for men and those for women operate within the same rules and policies; however all women’s prisons are additionally required to comply with "gender specific standards". Mr Davies’s Conservative colleague, Hexham MP Guy Opperman, argued that women sometimes needed to be treated more favourably due to their responsibilities for children. BBC: Sentencing of female offenders
- If you can not see the above video video (for lack of flash), please check here for the video: BBC: Sentencing of female offenders
- Reddit’s r/mensrights discussing this
- Philip Davies: " What I can’t allow to happen is this myth to perpetuate that women are treated more harshly in the sentencing regime then men. " He insists on the truth being said. He then says it still can be discussed if women ought to get the lenient sentencing they are already getting. Because they often have children.
- No mentioning that women are totally underrepresented in prison. To reach gender equality and overcome the glass cellar we would need Female quotas in prison? Unsuccessful male losers overlooked by feminist zeal!
- We are surprised that official data exist that directly debunk feminist disinformation. It has been demonstrated how feminists can pervert and falsify academic research on domestic violence.
- Such a rare politician needs all the encouragement possible to resist feminst pressure and threats.Philip Davies
- Westminster Hall is pretty empty. Seems that the discussion did not cause much interest.
- One rare politician speaking the truth aboiut ONE of the any feminist lies and myths, in front of an almost empty audience.
- All this while feminism makes huge strides in Europe and is on the verge to become the official state religion (read this article before you think I am crazy) The great danger of the Istanbul Convention | “Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence” also known as the Istanbul Convention. Worse then VAWA to be signed by many nations. (avoiceformen.com)
One thought on “Conservative backbencher Philip Davies thoroughly debunks feminist politician’s "politically correct nonsense"”
A summary and transcript of the great MP Philip Davies speech about sentencing of female criminals