Abortion foes (so called pro-lifers) in the US want to interfere into other people’s business.
None of the proposals under discussion would ban abortion. None would take away your right to buy abortion coverage with your own money. None would force you to pay for somebody else’s abortion. These are the conceptual parameters on which all sides have, for the time being, agreed.
So they already clobbered Congress into making special complicated arrangements for abortion foes (so called pro-lifers). Only for this vociferous group. Not for other special interests or religious convictions.
Abortion, we’re told, is different from other issues caught up in the health care debate. It’s a question of ultimate values, impervious to compromise. […]
Each side has legitimate worries. Pro-choicers fear that insurers will abandon abortion coverage. Pro-lifers fear that insurers will be forced to include it. Pro-choicers fear that women won’t buy abortion coverage if the premiums are separated up front. Pro-lifers fear that abortion opponents will be suckered into abortion coverage if the premiums aren’t separated up front. We’ll have years of studies, hearings, legislation, and lawsuits to follow up on these concerns and fine-tune the policy.Source: http://www.slate.com/id/2239647/
- “Pro-lifers” are opposed to abortion and thus want to make sure their money does not go towards funding someone’s abortion
- Well I am opposed to paying for the war in Iraq. Did they make special income tax arrangements for me? Those in favor of the Iraq war can pay a special additional war tax.
- I am also against nuclear weapons. Those who want the US to have nuclear missiles should opt into a special nuclear tax option.
- I am opposed to keeping people alive in intensive care, when they are brain dead in a coma. Or when they are terminally ill and in pain and are not allowed to die.
- Some of these guys live for 15 years in intensive care in a coma.
- Very expensive.
- Can I please have a health insurance exemption so I don’t have to pay for that?
- I am totally profoundly against this artificial prolonging of life, I consider this torture. It is against my consciousness and against my religion.
- It is unnatural. In nature, very sick animals and people get mercy killing by predators.
The above items are ultimate values for me. No compromise is possible. They are my religious belief, so by no means I must be forcet to pay for unjust wars of aggression and painful prolonging of life a against a person’s will. My beliefs on the follwing items are a little less strong, still I think I deserve exemptions in order not to pay for the following items:
- I am also against paying for diseases people caused to themselves. I don’t want to pay treatment for people who
- committed suicide attempts
- abuse alcohol and drugs
- do extreme sports and have accidents due to their recklessness
- engange in criminal activities and get shot by police or rival gangs
- don’t exercise
- I live in a hot state. I am also opposed to treat people for frost bite. That should be an add-on.
- I live on ground floor. I don’t want to pay for elevator maintenance.
So we should have 15 different voluntary private add-on insurance options for each of the following: comatose, terminally ill, obese, self-endangering, reckless, criminal, drug addicted, alcoholics, ……
Note the absurd idea that parents or young people will, at extra cost, add insurance for abortion, criminal activity, drug addiction. They will presume that they will not engange in these behaviors, that they will not need the insurance.
This is religious zealots’ terror. If you are against abortion, then don’t do abortion. But leave other people alone.
Actually, I agree that one should use better birth control, to make efforts to avoid needing abortion. But the same people who are against abortion are the ones that are sex education and promotion of birth control.
3 thoughts on “Abortion foes almost kill the US universal health insurance bill”
what i can say is that abortion is a sin and it should be deemed illegal by all means ‘,.
we should ban all forms of abortion because it is not right to kill an unborn child,'”
www. bench-saw .com
I am always against abortion because it is a sin to kill an innocent child.,,.