Apparently two weeks prior to my daughter getting attacked at school, she was punched in the face by one of the boys on the bus. […] Meanwhile she is receiving threats from these boys that they are going to “f**k up her face so she isn’t pretty anyone”. […]
Once the principal received notification about the bus incident, he took another week to address it. Not once was I ever notified that my daughter was assaulted on the bus. The principal questioned my daughter and the boys that had been threatening her. The boys were never suspended or removed from school. Shortly after the conversation the students had with the principal, Morgan was brutally attacked. First elbowed in the face, followed by 6 to 7 punches knocking her front teeth out and leaving her with a concussion. It took four teachers to get one of the boys off her.
The boys are refugees brought over from Kenya and Ethiopia. […]
This incident happened on Tuesday February 15th, I have called the police department numerous times with no luck.
Note that television
Imagine the terror at school. A child threatened by a group of guys that are a couple of years older and willing to resort to real physical violence. Cowardly ganging up against a single girl. Imagine the effect on concentration, on studies. And all the other students that have to live in such an unhealthy, dangerous, violent environment. That get beaten, with less press to report about it. Or kids that budge before they get beaten. Or that simply drop out of school, lose their education.
Real dangerous physical violence is taken less seriously then virtual or lewd behavior. Serious physical violence in our schools is not given sufficient attention. Bullying, school violence can destroy a child’s academic and professional career, psychological well being, physical health. Knocked out teeth are hard facts, undeniable long term injury.
The most important human right is physical safety. It is the most important obligation of government, school, parents to provide an environment of physical safety for children alike.
Real bone and tooth breaking violence is relegated to the back burner, while all the might of our justice system is busy fighting virtual cyberbullying, possession of photos, sexting and consensual teenage sexual behavior.
Instead or paying extreme attention to real crime and real violence, we obsess about consensual teenage sexuality, virtual cyberbullying, cyberstalking, a rape epidemic that can never be shown to exist, possession of photos and the imaginary damage to victims due to remote watchers of photos. Our sex obsession and the manipulative language distortions geared towards criminalizing virtual crimes of looking, thinking, consensual touching (that is statutorily re-defined non-consensual). Imagine if women’s studies would put all their energy into seeking to guarantee physical safety of our children.
This should be top priority for government, law makers, and law enforcement. Children victims of clear violence too strong to possibly resist. Under constant threat for weeks and months, not knowing when violence will strike.
NO CHILD should be afraid to get on a bus!!No child should have been beaten at all…When we were younger bullies were dealt with by the kids or by a bigger person and the principle […]
Kids need to be able to band together against bullies…even ENCOURAGED to do so!! February 26, 2011 12:22 PM
Good comments. Maybe the majority of “good” children should band together. Of course, if there are enough good children. These self-help solutions seem realistic, because we do not have enough resources to involve police, government and judges in every playground fight.
I HAVE 2 DAUGHTERS A 14 AND 11 YEAR OLD THAT ARE IN MANCHESTER SCHOOLS AND A SIMILAR ASSAULT ON MY OLDEST GIRL HAPPENED AT GOSSLER PARK SCHOOL. MY EX-WIFE TALKED TO THE SCHOOL WITH SIMILAR RESULTS SO I DROVE 100 MILES TO THAT SCHOOL AND FOUND THE LITTLE PUNK IN THE SCOOL YARD AND CORNERED HIM AND STRONGLY WARNED HIM AND HIS LITTLE POSSE THAT THE NEXT TIME I FIND HIM IT WILL BE OFF SCHOOL GROUNDS February 21, 2011 8:29 AM
Some people only understand the language of violence. These methods have worked for tens of thousands of years. Here some less drastic advice how to deal with bullying.
This shows most principles we keep writing about
- political correctness protects the criminals and criminalizes: old fashioned violence, vigilanteism by parents, would take care of these little thugs. Back in Africa they probably would get lashed, killed, beaten seriously. But we are toothless. The kids get away with serious assault. Now let a father accost one of these thugs, he will get arrested immediately. The price we pay is high. (I know, corporal punishment, vigilanteism, and self justice have problems. But, our policitally correct solutions often are total failures. We need to find solutions).
- We seem to have a natural in-born vigilante instinct that solved our problems for hundreds of thousands of years. See the immense success of vigilante action in Hollywood movies. Not just Bronson ” Death wish” movies, but almost all movie heroes take the law in their own hands and bash the bad guys.
- Our soft hearted super-democratic, super-respectful system may work in Sweden or other homogeneous, low crime, rich, educated countries. It does not work in
- violent ghetto communities in USA or Europe where violence and criminality are endemic
- (sex obsession and teenage sexuality witch hunt) Neglect of real physical violence while obsessing with trivial imaginary dangers like consensual teenage sex, , verbal harrassment, possession of nude photos, cyber bullying
- that girl is disfigured for life (just the front teeth, still it takes away from her beauty)
- has to do expensive dental threatment for life
- her teeth are sensitive for life
- will have Post Traumatic Stress disorder, fear to go to school, academic problems
- many more students have the same problem but less publicity
- many students are not even victims of violence, and still are victims of the harmful violent environment that desencourages diligent study
- Real non-consent vs. statutory non-consent
- consent: being beaten up and losing a few front teeth is a very classical case of non-consent.
- Had that 12 year old had clearly consensual sex, it would have been defined as non-consensual. All hell would break lose, the guys would be arrested immediately (even against the girl’s pleas), the entire press, maybe even Hillary Clinton would intervene on her behalf, to protect the poor girl from the “sexual predator” she does not want to be protected from. Now, getting a few teeth knocked out, who cares …….
Insightful reader’s comments
Our society has become so heavily committed to a “therapeutic” approach to every problem that the most that will happen to these young thugs, even if they are actually arrested and convicted in juvenile court, is the equivalent of a strong talking-to. Undoubtedly their families have no money to pay a civil judgment against them, so that would go nowhere.
In other words, our society as it is now does not provide any significant way to address this issue. These thugs that come from broken, violent cultures like Africa just laugh at what they perceive as the weakness of our culture and the joke that our legal system is. To them, a reprimand or suspension or even a juvenile conviction with a little probation time is a joke. If anything it will simply provoke them to defend their “honor”.
A healthy society would deal with this behavior in much more serious ways. Young males who beat a girl like this would be afraid for their safety because the other boys at school would have beat them severely in retaliation – not to mention the father and uncles and other male relatives of the girl. It would have been done with the local legal authorities looking the other way while a punishment that these thugs actually understand and respect was administered.
I’m sure some of you will be aghast at this, saying our society is better than that and has evolved past that. But watch what happens now, closely. If we could keep track of these thugs into the future I would bet they almost certainly do not change their behavior, in fact are emboldened by what they see as the weakness of the consquences they suffer. And the result will be that other girls (and boys) will become afraid of African/immigrant thugs, and their families will have to move away for their safety. Do you really think that a society that makes it necessary for good people to move their children away in order to be safe is a healthy society? Where running away is the only viable option?
You may not like it but the reality of human life is that some people and cultures are thug cultures and they only respect violent consequences for their aggressions. It’s just a fact and your idealism about life doesn’t change it. Either we rediscover the truth of this and being to make thugs like this physically afraid for the consequences of their aggressions, or we will be running and hiding (regardless of what the legal system does) in our own neighborhods and our own country. February 23, 2011 10:43 AM
This brings out some racist commenters. Of course, this is a taboo. It can not be discussed if, maybe, crime statistics clearly show higher criminality for certain races.
Back when the young couple, Channon and Christopher, were brutally beaten, robbed, raped and murdered, we down here in Knoxville, Tennessee, finally got fed up.
Don’t wait until something worse happens in your area. It is time for White folks to make a stand and refuse to be second class citizens in their own nation.
Remember what your forefathers fought for. Remember our Manifest Destiny. February 23, 2011 11:56 AM
- Mentioning race, immigration status is a taboo. Usually race may not even be mentioned by the press. Much less could one surmise that certain races are more violence and crime prone then others. We discuss this in our race and iq posts