The International Labour Organization’s report Profits and Poverty: The Economics of Forced Labour [Full report] (Executive Summary) was just published and garners international attention.
Forced labour is any work or services which people are forced to do against their will under the threat of some form punishment. AntiSlavery.org
Sadly, no comment on two types of Slave Labor that 49% of humanity (men) are exposed to or threatened by.
Military Conscription fits the definition of Forced Labour or Slave Labour
Conscription is the term given to any involuntary labour called upon by an authority. Historically, conscription has been used to define people going into the armed forces of a country during wartime. Where it is still practised, it is usually only for a fixed period and euphemistically referred to as something far nicer, like "national service" or the "draft." [Source]
Life Long mandatory inescapable alimony obligation
fits the definition of Forced Labour or Slave Labour
Family court practice to imprison men into debtor’s prison for not paying mandatory life long support to an ex wife, even if she cohabitates with a new boy friend fits the description of slavery
Conscription for Military Service = Slavery
Military Service fits that description of slavery so perfectly that Wikipedia makes a special exception for it.
Unfree labour (or Unfree labor in American English) is a generic or collective term for those work relations, especially in modern or early modern history, in which people are employed against their will by the threat of destitution, detention, violence (including death), lawful compulsion, or other extreme hardship to themselves or to members of their families. [Wikipedia Unfree Labour]
Again, this perfectly describes compulsory military service.
- Draft is Slavery
- The Military Draft is ‘Slavery Pure and Simple’: "a direct violation of the Thirteenth Amendment’s prohibition against slavery and involuntary servitude."
- Is military conscription a form of slavery?
- "American libertarians oppose conscription and call for the abolition of the Selective Service System, believing that impressment of individuals into the armed forces is involuntary servitude." [Wikipedia Conscription]
Unfree labour includes all forms of slavery, and related institutions (e.g. debt slavery, serfdom, corvée and labour camps). Many of these forms of work may be covered by the term forced labour, which is defined by the International Labour Organization (ILO) as all involuntary work or service exacted under the menace of a penalty. [Wikipedia Unfree Labour]
Unlike feminists who exaggerate their victimhood, men make an explicit exception for their inescapable obvious military slavery:
However, under the Forced Labour Convention the term forced or compulsory labour shall not include:
Here we are. Forced military labor, under the threat of imprisonment or death is just re-defined as non-forced labor, not slavery. [Conscription Is Slavery: Counter Arguments] So the forced life endangering slave labor of millions of men is re-defined as not being forced labor.
Lifetime Alimony = Slavery
If we re-define mandatory forced life long alimony as a normal civic obligation, we can define away alimony debt slavery of a man condemned to pay life long monthly alimony to his ex wife. Even if alimony payment is enforced by often decade long debtor’s prison
- Slavery vs. Indentured Servitude"Traditionally, alimony has been a man vs. woman thing. Men get ordered to pay, women get alimony and men get bitter. […] Some men there had been paying for decades to women to whom they’d only been married very briefly" Time
- Permanent alimony is slavery iFeminist
- Vietnam Vet Forced to Leave Country to Avoid Alimony: "In an effort to avoid arrest for contempt for non-payment of the decree, Mr. Cameron has left the U.S. OFFE states that currently there are 153 cases of 5301 abuse in the U.S., and to date 9 members of OFFE have been jailed for refusing to give up their disability payments to their ex-wives."
- Alimony=Slavery "So I get sent to jail because that’s the law, I have to pay someone every month or else ( isn’t that a threat). A threat for money, I thought that was called extortion. I thought in America, there are no debt prisons. But I have been going back and forth to court for 11yrs. I have been jailed on 3 separate occasions for failure to pay someone who is already getting paid by the state thru welfare in Ohio."
- Rewriting Alimony Laws: anti male article, good comments
- Jail Becomes Home for Husband Stuck With Lifetime Alimony | 160 comments
- Man sits in jail while unable to pay alimony that exceeds his income | 200 comments
- Nickelback frontman being sued for 100 grand / month of alimony by his ex-girlfriend (never married). There are no kids. | 157 comments
- So alimony in Florida = slavery. Man has to pay 4k a mo/ FOR LIFE to ex wife who exploited the FL alimony system. He can’t retire, he can’t change jobs. It ends when his life does. | 386 comments
- Fourteen Years in Jail on Alimony Contempt Charges | 70 comments
- "Predator Spouse" earns lifetime alimony from a twenty month marriage (gosselslaw.com) |58 comments
- 80 years old alimony objector goes to prison out of principle – He was still paying alimony to an ex- wife 38 years after the original divorce. (jacksonville.com) | 28 comments
- Florida Governor Scott has vetoed a bill that would have ended permanent alimony in Florida. | 47 comments
- My father got divorced in Massachusetts and has to give 50% of his income to my mother for the rest of her life. She hasn’t spoken to my entire family in 12 years. Help end arcane alimony laws in Massachusetts. | 103 comments
- New alimony law is bad for women |
Another exception to slavery is Penal Labour
any work or service exacted from any person as a consequence of a conviction in a court of law,
is another exception. OK. Forced labor for murderers, robbers, forcible rapists etc is not slavery. That is fair. But, be aware of the efforts to ban forced labor of prisoners