The following post is about the internal rift between the father’s rights main wing of MRA, and the few true men’s rights activists that want to free men from persecution for normal male sexuality.
Google "Paul Elam jury nullification" 1 2.3 4 6 7 You find Paul Elam at avoiceformen would want all of these forcible rapists set free, because in today’s climate they can get no due process. I thought he was pretty courageous to suggest jury nullification, because really, men can not get due process when accused of rape. Most likely Paul wants to make a provocative statement, to cast light on unjust *rape laws.
But I wonder:
Does Paul Elam’s Jury Nullification apply only to violent sex offenders?
The rest of the sex offenders also suffer from lack of due process . Rarely their "crimes" are proven beyond reasonable doubt. Non-forcible *rape, or child abuse, reported long after the fact are hard to prove with good corroborating evidence.
I just wonder if Paul Elam would also want to nullify their juries. After all, *rape is rape is rape, even in Paul Elam’s view.
Would Paul Elam want to free only the alleged violent rapists through jury nullification, but
- help all underage statutory rapists who have sex with *consenting girl friends nullifying juries?
- suggest jury nullification for Stuart Hall and Jimmy Saville, if that were possible?
- protect alleged child abusers with jury nullification, like in “The Hunt”: false accusation of child sexual abuse. A movie review (Disclaimer)
- imprison all men who merely possess child porn. Do they enjoy due process, that it needs to be proven that they actively downloaded CP, that they actually looked at it? Of course, the voodoo theory need not be proven:
Alleging child abuse has become fashionable in divorce (SAD, sexual abuse in divorce). Child abuse hysteria has ruined many men and women’s lives, due to elicited uncorroborated accusations by little children. Would Paul Elam actively protect these people?
Is jury nullification only for those accused of violent sex crimes?
But not with those accused of non-violent victimless sex crimes. Human-Stupidity was banned from avoiceformen for pleading mercy for young men facing a decade in prison for having sex with their 16 year old girlfriends #4, #5.and for pleading mercy for men imprisoned for child porn like in these cases
- Mandatory 15 years jail for photos of legal girl friend: You Can Have Sex With Them; Just Don’t Photograph Them
- Jailed for possession of video of himself masturbating when he was 12. Another victim of child porn laws faces minimum 2 year jail
The most enthusiastic consent of a 15 year old girl would not sway avoiceformen or other men’s rights activists to propose jury nullification to help the boyfriend escape his fate in prison for *consensual *rape.
Paul Elam’s jury nullification is only for forcible rapists not for those who are accused of non-violent victimless sex offenses like teenage sex or mere possession of so called child porn.